At Church Acadiana we have an agenda. We are not just a social club; we are trying to accomplish something. We call it our mission. The mission of Church Acadiana is to help people far from God become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Below you will discover a simple but very powerful process for helping people become fully devoted to Jesus.
What is a fully-devoted follower of Jesus Christ? A fully-devoted follower of Jesus is becoming like Christ, loving God and others more and more (Eph. 5:1; Matt. 22:37-40).
What is the process by which someone grows to full devotion? There are nine steps to full devotion.
9 STEPS TO FULL DEVOTION
1) Attend church on Sundays. The powerful fusion of passionate worship music and practical bible-teaching will inspire and instruct you to fall more and more in love with Christ and His word (Colossians 3:16).
2) Trust in Jesus Christ for salvation. As you keep coming back on Sunday mornings we hope you will make the life-changing decision to trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and King (John 3:16).
3) Be baptized. Baptism is the very first step of obedience that a new Christ-follower should take. Baptism is the public declaration of your new association with Jesus (Matthew 28:18-20).
4) Connect with other believers in a Home Group. Home Group will help you to bridge the gap between what you learn on Sundays and what you live out in real life (Hebrews 10:24-25).
5) Have a daily quiet time. The daily habits of bible-reading and private prayer will help you to develop a strong and intimate personal relationship with God (Luke 5:16).
6) Attend the Newcomer’s Lunch and join the church. Membership will challenge you to imitate Christ by loving what He loves and building what He is building – the church. Membership is the door to contributing to the mission of the church (Philippians 2:1-2).
7) Serve on a ministry team. Serving in the church will empower you to experience the thrill and significance of being a link in the chain of life-change (Ephesians 4:16).
8) Bring your tithe to the church. By tithing you will fund the work of God and learn to become a fully developed steward of your resources. Tithing is bringing the first 10 percent of your gross income to the local church (Deuteronomy 14:23).
9) Share the Gospel with people far from God. As you witness to your lost friends, God will use you to make an eternal impact (Acts 1:8).